Cresent Moon Pose (Anjaneyasana)
Crescent Moon Pose (Anjaneyasana) is an energizing pose that opens and stretches the sides of the body and works to surrender into the heart, opening and releasing the Heart Chakra (Anahata).
Benefits: A great pose to start a number of backbends with, the Crescent Moon works on legs, back, arms, shoulders, building both strength and stamina. It opens the hips and chest especially, and improves overall balance, coordination and concentration.
1. Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
2. Lift your arms to shoulder level at your sides and turn your arms to face the ceiling. Inhale and lift your arms above the head together, bringing your hands together. Shoulders are relaxed and back your upper arms should be close to your ears.
3. Inhale and press the soles of the feet in the floor as you extend up through the fingertips and point the crown of your head upward and look straight ahead.
4. Remain in this pose from 15 to 30 seconds.
5. Perform the steps 1 to 4 for the other side.
6. Release the pose by exhaling while bringing the arms down to the sides.
Precatutions: Lower back